Hacker Reinforcement is a reinforcement product used in conjunction with Firm-Fill® SCM Sound Control Mats and Firm-Fill® Gypsum Concrete Underlayments for crack suppression and to reduce the gypsum underlayment pour depth. Potential movement of subfloors have usually been addressed by installing metal lath prior to pouring the underlayment. Typically, reinforcement for gypsum concrete was handled by galvanized metal lath, which could be difficult to install and costly.
Hacker Reinforcement is a cost-effective option to metal lath. Made from PVC coated, non-woven fiberglass grid it, has a lower cost per square foot, has lighter weight, is easier to carry, and easier to cut. Hacker Reinforcement will stay dimensionally stable in hot weather and will not become brittle in cold weather.
- Light and easy to handle , easy to cut with scissors or utility knife
- No memory, unlike metal lath
- Excellent durability
- Dimensionally stable in hot weather; not brittle in cold
- Can be used over wood, concrete, precast plank, and SCM
- Made in the U.S.A. with raw materials from the U.S.A.
|Thickness (nom)||0.015" (.38mm)|
|Roll Width||45.63" (115.9cm)|
|Roll Length||450' (137.1m)|
|Roll Diameter||9.5" (24.1cm)|
|Roll Weight||70lbs (31.8kg)|
|Roll Yield||1,700f2 (518.16m2)|